“I can play a 4 hour round on Country Club conditions in a scenic location without compromising the family budget!” JK – Morris County, New Jersey
Semi Private Bowling Green is the Alternative to Private Club Membership and Public Municipal Golf
Family-owned since opening in 1967, Bowling Green Golf Club boasts a classic woodlands course design, private club conditioning and membership options.
Bowling Green is challenging but fun - easygoing but rewarding - well groomed but natural - classic but never boring.
A Golf Course Evolving with the Game of Golf
Over the course of Bowling Green's 48 year history, a lot about the game has changed.
- Modern club design allows players to hit the ball further; Bowling Green adds course yardage.
- The popularity of the PGA tour on TV pressures Greens Superintendents to provide tour playing conditions; Bowling Green grows its knowledge of turf maintenance best practices.
- Golf's heyday creates overcrowding and 6 hour rounds at public golf courses; Bowling Green becomes the "home of the four hour round" with its establishment of a "par" for time needed to play a round.
- Elements of the original design erode over time; Bowling Green's top priority is the maintenance, restoration and improvement of the course.
- Growing the game of golf becomes a priority in the millenium; Bowling Green embraces the Play it Forward initiative, providing options from the tee to play a shorter course.
The result - a classic course suited for golfers of all abilities.