“The fastest public round of golf in North Jersey, period.” JK – Morris County, New Jersey
Semi Private Bowling Green is the Alternative to Private Club Membership and Public Municipal Golf
Family-owned since opening in 1967, Bowling Green Golf Club boasts a woodlands course design, private club conditioning and membership options.
Bowling Green is challenging but fun - relaxing but rewarding - well groomed but natural - classic but never boring.
A Golf Course Evolving with the Game of Golf
Over the course of Bowling Green's 47 year history, a lot about the game has changed.
- Modern club design has allowed players to hit the ball further; Bowling Green added course yardage.
- The popularity of the PGA tour on TV has pressured Greens Superintendents to provide tour playing conditions; Bowling Green has grown its knowledge of turf maintenance best practices.
- Golf's heyday created overcrowding and 6 hour rounds at public golf courses; Bowling Green became the "home of the four hour round" with its establishment of a "par" for time needed to play a round.
- Elements of the original design are eroded over time; Bowling Green's top priority has always been the maintenance, restoration and improvement of the course.
- Growing the game of golf becomes a priority in the millenium; Bowling Green joins the Play it Forward initiative with the addition of a USGA rated 6000 yard tee so that golfers can hit an approach shot into the green with short irons or wedges like the pros do.
The result - a classic course suited for golfers of all abilities.